Don’t risk waste your time with a wrong recruitment agency in Kiev (Ukraine) before you learn about common mistakes that smart people, like you, make every day when looking for a recruitment agency or staffing firm.
BEFORE entrusting just any recruitment agency in Kiev, Ukraine you should arm yourself with the facts and get the real truth about common misconceptions surrounding choosing a recruitment agency to work with.
Here’s why this is SO IMPORTANT…
By knowing the facts surrounding common misconceptions in the recruitment industry, you can avoid costly rip-offs and mistakes and find an ethical and affordable IT recruitment agency or staffing that’s right for you.
We want to help clear away fear and confusion so that you can make an informed decision about choosing a recruitment agency that has the experience to fill vacancies of CIO, CTO, Software Developer, Web Developer, QA Engineer, Project Manager, Software Architect, etc.
We are here to help.
5 misconceptions about recruitment in Ukraine
Hi, I’m Vadim Lobarev, partner of recruitment agency MindHunt with an office in Kiev, Ukraine. I have enjoyed serving companies providing recruiting services from 2005 and today I want to give you a free gift.
I want to help you realize how to find good employees here in Ukraine, especially in Information Technologies and Software development field.
So today, I’m literally letting the cat out of the bag and revealing the truth about common misconceptions surrounding recruitment in Ukraine and tips for finding an ethical and affordable recruitment agency that has your best interests in mind.
If you’re feeling… confused about choosing an approach on how to find suitable employees by yourself … or through a recruitment partner, that’s right for you…
…OR frustrated with the lack of information you get about recruiting agencies in Ukraine and worried about a HUGE price-tag or bill…
…AND afraid that you will have to live without needed staff or with staff which does not perform well, because you have no time for recruiting or cannot find an affordable recruiting agency that you trust
This article is PERFECT for you and I want you to rest assured that you’re not alone.
We are sure you probably can fill just about any position yourself, given enough time and effort.
However, how much more profitable would your time be if you used that time to look into technology, mentor one of your junior managers, growing your business or pursue new clients and business ventures?
That’s why I want you to read this article that’s jam-packed with powerful, yet little-known facts that can keep smart companies – just like yours – from falling for common myths and mistakes surrounding recruitment.
I simply want to help as many people with recruiting issues as I can and that’s why right now, as promised, I’m going to share the top five misconceptions about recruitment in Ukraine, to help you stay completely informed about how to find IT professionals in Ukraine.
Misconception #1: We can find suitable employees just running Ads on a job board or in social networks
Did you know that statistics show that…
One of our Clients – an international software development company – were looking for Project Manager in Kiev. They placed an ad on LinkedIn and received about 40 CVs.
It takes time to screen all these CVs… though they engaged us to do this job. We did screening and interviewed the best candidates from this list …but simultaneously looked for candidates through our resources.
As a result job offer was extended to our candidate.
Misconception #2: Recruitment agency is simply “CV sender”
…they just find a CV, do short screening and forward it to clients.
You are right. There are recruiting agencies that work exactly how you described.
But a professional recruitment agency works in the following manner:
Step #1: Client Interview
- The client interview is a session designed to learn as much as possible about the company, people, goals, challenges, and needs. This step can take place over the phone, in the agency’s office, or the client’s office.
- From this information, a set of screening questions along with the correct answers will be drafted and pre-approved by the hiring manager to ensure that all candidates presented will meet or exceed the required skill level.
Step #2: Job Profile
- A Job Profile will be created to reflect the specific behaviors needed to be successful in the position.
- This information will help keep interview team members aligned and provide valuable behavioral-based screening questions for each candidate.
Step #3: Search plan
- While learning about the company, the agency will develop a comprehensive search plan that will include all of the companies where the desired skillsets can be found.
- This step and the following step are where most search firms cannot devote enough resources to fully penetrate a market.
Step #4: Identification
- Every company is researched to determine who should be contacted within those companies.
- No stone is left unturned.
Step #5: Execution
- A tailored presentation will be drafted to highlight the company’s advantages and the exciting reasons why the candidate should consider making the move.
- A search plan will be put together and contacts will be made on a geographic basis.
- Once we know who to call and where to find them, our job is easy. We contact every individual on the search plan and deliver a consistent presentation every time.
Step #6: Screening
- This step is entirely customized to the client’s needs. Agency designs a questionnaire providing answers to questions the client wants to be answered that is completed with each prospective candidate contacted.
- Agency presents only candidates that meet the client’s qualifications. Agency does not waste the client’s time, by presenting candidates that are not qualified.
Step #7: Post Hire Performance
- Recruitment agency will follow-up with both the employee and the employer during 3-6 months after the placement. It is actually made to guarantee a smooth transition is made and the performance of both parties is moving in a highly productive manner.
- If relocation is needed, the agency will provide a relocation service as part of its comprehensive set of services.
Misconception #3: We don’t need a Recruitment Agency because we have in-house recruiters
If your internal team is delivering the results that you want, then you shouldn’t use recruiters.
So my question back to you is – “are they”?
If your internal team is delivering, then kudos to you and I understand it.
If they aren’t, then you have two issues, and your problems are actually bigger than you think.
You not only still have a position that is unfilled, but now you have dollars and resources being spent to manage an ineffective hiring team.
A professional recruitment agency can help you with both.
They can help you fill your position, and then they can either help train your internal team to get better at attracting candidates, or you can outsource that function to them and achieve a whole new level of effectiveness.
Misconception #4: Fee of Recruitment Agency is too high
Consider that you actually do hire the wrong person.
You have now invested time in recruiting, interviewing, training and then the potential to lose money on projects along with having to fire them…
…and then – worst of all – you have to start the hiring process all over again.
Is saving a little money more important than the quality of the person you hire?
A recruitment agency assists you in hiring the best possible talent for an open position. What you are paying an agency to do is to identify, attract, evaluate and land the right person for you.
Also, you have a performance guarantee to give you time to make sure this IS the right hire, and ultimately you will realize that the cost of hiring the wrong person is MUCH greater than the fee associated with hiring the bullseye candidate.
Misconception #5: We’ve had a bad experience with recruiters in the past
…and we think all recruiters are the same
There are a lot of good ones and a few bad ones.
I’ve had a bad experience with a mechanic – but that doesn’t mean that I’ll never take my car in again to get it fixed.
It just means I won’t make the mistake of going back to that same mechanic again.
I still need to maintain my vehicle; you just choose wiser next time when you pick a mechanic.
I hope using this information you will find a recruitment agency you want to work with.
If you want to know about our recruiting services – click here.
Here is what our clients say…
MindHunt helped us to find a great project manager in the Ukraine and he is still working with Wontok. I found MindHunt to be very professional and dedicated to the task of finding great people
– Declan Coleman, Senior Vice President, Product Development, Wontok
We are working with MindHunt for a couple of years and they helped us to identify, select and hire excellent IT specialists available on the market, including Ms Dynamics Nav Developers, .Net Developers, Test Engineers, System Engineers, Database and Business Intelligence professionals and many others. What I like in MindHunt is that they are able to understand exactly our recruiting needs AND fill vacancies for us in timely manner.
– Yuriy Andrushchenko, Director of Software Engineering, Altareturn
Auditdata doesn’t have recruitment capabilities in-house, so really we were looking for a long-term partner rather than just another recruitment agency. MindHunt has demonstrated end-to-end customer focused recruitment approach, deep knowledge of the IT market and solid experience in recruitment. I believe our cooperation with MindHunt has been rather productive and we have managed to successfully close several complex positions for senior software, firmware & QA engineers together. I would be happy to recommend MindHunt for future clients.
– Anna Aaen, Managing Director, Auditdata Ukraine
I am pleased to provide a reference for Vadim Lobarev. To my mind Vadim excels in recruiting and his interpersonal skills are impeccable. Should you be the one he offers a job opportunity, be sure you are a lucky person. I would highly recommend him as he is the best recruiter I have ever dealt with. Thanks to his advice I am now part of a strong management team at a dynamically developing company.
– Viktoria Korolchuk-Ivaschenko, Head of Investment Relations and PR, Rostok Holding
MindHunt helped us to close several very important vacancies in IT. They always respond in a timely manner to requests, respond on time, polite and considerate. Professionalism at the highest level.
Highly recommended!– Iryna Gyrenko, HR, Synevo Ukraine
Looking for a Recruitment Agency in Kiev?
If you want help with recruiting, then let’s talk.