How to hire developers in Ukraine?
Ukraine IT outsourcing is quite popular in the world. In this article, we will talk about how to hire Ukrainian developers.
And there are many reasons for that. Ukraine programmers are talented and hard-working and the salary level is lower 2-4 times than in the USA and Europe.
There are many software development companies in Ukraine, including outsourcing, outstaffing, and R&D centers of product development companies.
Ukraine offshore development model is used by many Fortune 500 companies, including Microsoft, Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Oracle, Samsung, and others.
You can hire PHP developer Ukraine, mobile app developers, ruby on rails, hire web developers in Ukraine, web design, DevOps, and others.
Depending on your budget and goals you may choose different models, including outstaffing in Ukraine, outsource in Ukraine or set up your own small or big development center in Ukraine and work with your team directly without an intermediary.
1. Hire it developers from Ukraine using advertising
One common way to hire developers in Ukraine is to advertise your job openings on the Internet.
You need to post a description of your vacancy and expect that a candidate with the necessary experience and knowledge will see her and respond to it.
Where to advertise your jobs in Kyiv?
Advertising on specialized sites that your target audience visits, such as https://stackoverflow.com/jobs
- You can make your vacancy public and get chances to attract the attention of specialists with the necessary experience and knowledge
- Advertising attracts only candidates who are looking for work, and according to statistics, only 5-10% of all specialists existing in the market.
2. Hire developers from Ukraine on LinkedIn
You can hire developers in Ukraine using targeted searches on Linkedin as well as use this social network as an advertising platform for your vacancies.
Targeted search. The LinkedIn social network has many professionals with different skill sets. If you have several weeks (preferably months) at your disposal, then most likely you will find the specialists you need and you will have the opportunity to interest them with your vacancies.
In addition, when LinkedIn notices that you spend a lot of time doing a search on the database, you will close the opportunity to see specialist profiles for free. You will be asked to choose one of the paid packages. The question is whether you are willing to invest so much time in this work.
Advantages: you get access to a large database of specialists not expensive.
- Time spent
- If you have a few contacts in Ukraine, then you will need more time to disseminate information about your vacancy
Linkedin Ads. You are given the choice of a set of tools for advertising on Linkedin, including paid placement of vacancies in the corresponding section, the creation of publications and their paid promotion, etc.
Advantages: you can show your vacancy to candidates with certain skills.
- Pay for the process, not the result. You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on advertising to get views and clicks, but you won’t see any suitable resumes in your inbox.
- Many vacancies and it is difficult to draw attention to your vacancies
- Irrelevant responses.
Once, one of our clients was searching for a Project Manager using an advertisement on Linkedin. They received more than a dozen responses, of which only a few were from candidates with experience that corresponds to 70-80% of requirements. They they decided to use us – IT recruitment agency in Ukraine to screen and select candidates.
We have to contact these candidates and conduct interviews. In parallel, we searched for candidates using our channels and found some good specialists who meet the requirements. As a result of our screening and selection processes, a job offer was expended to the candidate which we found through our channels.
3. Outsourcing companies Ukraine
Outsourcing companies provide comprehensive services, including office administration, IT infrastructure setup and maintenance, financial and HR services. If you have a budget, you can outsource software development.
Advantages: Pay money and get a comprehensive service.
Disadvantages: You will need to pay monthly fees for the services of an outsourcing company. The more employees on your team, the more you need to pay.
4. Recruitment process outsourcing
You can find developers in Ukraine working with an IT recruitment agency from Ukraine.
You simply provide recruiters with information about your vacancies and they will search in their database, social networks, professional communities, and other places.
Based on LinkedIn analysis only 30% of people are active job seekers, other 70% are “passive candidates”.
Working with an IT recruitment agency you will have the opportunity to research the market and find the best candidates among active candidates (who are looking for a new job) and passive candidates (who are not looking for a new job, but ready to review interesting career opportunities).
The recruiting services include not only the process of searching for candidates but also
- Creation of the profile of the desired candidate, so you can adjust the description of your vacancy and make it more attractive
- The human resource consulting on the level of salary, so you will not make a mistake when you make a job offer to your final candidate
- Help in preparing a job offer for a candidate, which will be accepted, so you will minimize the likelihood that the candidate will not accept your job offer and you can avoid the situation when you spent time and effort in communicating with the candidate in vain.
- Get a free consultation
- Pay only for the result
- Get a resume of the first candidates during the week, and sometimes on the first day if the recruiting agency is working on a similar vacancy now
- More expensive than if you search for yourself
- The risk to waste your time if you pick a wrong recruiting agency
If you want to hire Ukrainian programmer for short-term projects you may consider the opportunity to work with freelancers.
Based on information from the Ministry of Economic Development of Ukraine, our country is #3 in the world by freelancers’ earnings.
Popular sites for freelancers are upwork.com, freelancer.com, fl.ru (Russian language).
If you need to hire developers in Ukraine you may choose different options depending on your goals and available budget, including advertising, LinkedIn, offshore software development, freelancers, or working with an IT recruitment agency in Ukraine