Software for investment companies, including leading Wall Street firms.
Kyiv, near Pecherskaya station (15a Leiptsyzka St.). Remote work for the period of quarantine and afterwards
10:00-19:00, Competitive compensation, medical insurance, 20 vacation days, 15 sick leave days, 24 half-day offs per year, office on Pechersk. Remote work for the period of quarantine (but you can work from the office if you want).
- Work as part of the Allvue BI team to develop, test, implement and maintain SSRS reports based on client requirements.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions and views be used and to feed SSRS reports.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries
- Maintain and support existing reports and implementation of enhancements.
- Create and maintain customized fields for reporting.
- Communicate with clients via phone calls, emails, and remote computer sessions through the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Serve in a leadership role in the BI Department – welcome and mentor new junior developers.
- Participate in BI projects as needed and assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in Business Intelligence / Report Development.
- Experience with SQL 2012 or later, and SQL Server Reporting Services. Clear understanding of Microsoft’s SQL
- Stack with Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Agent Jobs; and the role of data movement in data analytics.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse star schema design and structure.
- In-depth SQL querying skills with understanding and experience in optimizing speed of queries.
- Dedication to complete application development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Eye for detail in report design including color and structure elements.
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment.
- Detail-oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a “team-oriented” environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good English.
- Ability to communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels, form the novice user to the expert programmer.
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
Preferred/Nice to have skills
- Experience with Power BI, C# in database Assembly integration, or SharePoint integration a plus.
- Background knowledge in finance, economics, statistics or mathematics a plus.
Why is this professional opportunity an excellent career step for you?
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Constantly evolving, cutting edge technology
- The ability to make a significant impact immediately upon jumping in
- An opportunity to work with some of the best firms and the best people in the financial industry
- The ability to create change in the product we sell, by using the very same solution (in a very different way) to perform your daily job
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in our workplace and workforce
- Continuous training and education
- Numerous team building activities to promote collaboration